WHAT ARE THE SUPPLY LIMITS, PURCHASE LIMITS, AND TOTAL LIMITS FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA IN OHIO?
Ohio’s MMCP program defines several purchase and supply limits as follows:
Whole Day Unit
The program defines a minimum purchase quantity called a Whole Day Unit, as defined by the Ohio Administrative Code:
A patient and a patient’s caregiver(s) may collectively purchase no less than a whole day unit at a single time. A whole day unit shall equal the following amounts for each authorized form of medical marijuana:
- Dry Flower: 1/10 oz. (2.83 g) of plant material
- Topicals: 295mg of THC contained in a patch, lotion, cream, or ointment.
- Edibles & Tinctures: 110mg of THC contained in an oil, tincture, capsule, or edible for oral administration.
- Vaporization Oils: 590mg of THC contained in oil for vaporization.
90-Day Supply & 45-Day Fill Periods
The program defines the maximum quantity of product that a patient (and their caregiver) may purchase within a 90-day period, as defined by the Ohio Administrative Code:
A patient and the patient’s caregiver(s) may collectively purchase, within a ninety-day period, no more than a ninety-day supply. A ninety-day supply may consist of multiple forms of medical marijuana, but the total ninety-day supply shall not exceed a ninety-day supply whether purchased as a single form or aggregated across forms. A ninety-day supply is defined by form as follows:
- Dry Flower (plant material):
- Topicals: 26.55g of THC content in patches, lotions, creams, or ointments
- Edibles & Tinctures: 9.9g of THC content in oil, tincture, capsule, or edible form for oral administration
- Vaporization Oils: 53.1g of THC content in medical marijuana oil for vaporization.
45-Day Fill Periods
The significant highlights of the new process are as follows:
• Each patient’s 90-day recommendation is now divided into two 45-day fill periods based upon the patent’s current, active recommendation. You can calculate the start and end dates for each of your upcoming fill periods using the Patient Fill Calculator Link.
• You can now purchase a full 45-day supply regardless of when you visit the dispensary during that 45-day fill period. For example: if a patient who has not yet purchased any product during the current fill period visits the dispensary on day 25; that patient may purchase up to a 45-day supply of medical marijuana.
• If you purchase your 45-day allotment before the end of your current fill period, you must wait for the new period to begin before you may purchase additional medical marijuana.
• There is no rollover from one fill period to the next. For example: if you do not purchase any medical marijuana within your current 45-day fill period, you can still only purchase a maximum of a 45-day supply when the next fill period begins.
The program allows a variance in the 90-day supply limits for registered patients who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Dry Flower (plant material):
- Topicals: 33.3g of THC content in patches, lotions, creams, or ointments
- Edibles & Tinctures: 11.7g of THC content in oil, tincture, capsule, or edible form for oral administration
- Vaporization Oils: 65.7g of THC content in medical marijuana oil for vaporization.